Wisconsin Right to Life is looking for someone with great attention to detail, strong customer-relations skills, excellent creativity, and dedication to the right to life to be our new Events Manager.
The Events Manager is responsible for organizing and executing Wisconsin Right to Life’s fundraising and development events as well as handling all Wisconsin Right to Life event registrations. Wisconsin Right to Life hosts our Education Fund Dinner and Auction for approximately 1,000 guests each May as well as several smaller fundraising events around the state each year.
The Events Manager reports directly to the Vice President for Advancement and Development and works from the WRTL headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Specific duties include:
Overseeing all planning for the WRTL Education Fund Dinner and Auction as well as all Veritas Society Events including:
- Working with event venues, speakers, and WRTL staff to schedule all events;
- Overseeing the event invitation process;
- Working with event venues to develop menus and event logistics;
- Working with speakers’ representatives to make travel and lodging arrangements as well as take care of other details;
- Working with WRTL’s communications team to ensure messaging, goals, AV needs, and other details are on-track for each event;
- Working with appropriate WRTL team members to ensure travel arrangements are made and event details are communicated to them;
- Overseeing all functions of silent auctions at those events which feature them;
- Attending every event and being the point person for guests, the venue, WRTL staff, and guest speakers.
Additional duties include:
- Managing registration for all WRTL events;
- Assisting with other advancement and development duties as needed.
The ideal candidate will be very deadline- and goal-oriented, possess keen attention to detail, and have the ability to work professionally and confidently with potential and existing Wisconsin Right to Life donors. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.) is required. Experience with donor engagement software, specifically Salsa Labs, is helpful but not required.
This position requires periodic evening and weekend work as well as occasional overnight travel.
The candidate must fully support Wisconsin Right to Life’s mission and vision: To make euthanasia, infanticide, abortion, and the destruction of human embryos socially, ethically, and legally unacceptable solutions to human problems and to promote positive alternatives to these acts. The vision of Wisconsin Right to Life is to change hearts and minds so that all will cherish human life.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Amy Gehrke at email@example.com.
We hope you or someone you know will consider joining our team!