The Wisconsin State Senate Committee on Health will hold a Public Hearing at 10:00AM on Tuesday, October, 12th, for the following bills:
- SB 591: A Woman’s Right to Know Act
- Introduced by Senator Kapenga and Speaker Vos, SB 591 would require physicians to explain that women have a small opportunity of time in which the effects of the first pill given in a chemical abortion can be counteracted should they change their mind in the abortion process and chose life for their unborn child. This legislation also enhances the induced abortion reporting requirements, which would provide much needed transparency regarding abortion in Wisconsin.
- SB 592: Prenatal Diagnosis Information Act
- Introduced by Senator Testin and Representative Dittrich, SB 592 would require the physician who administered the prenatal or postnatal test that identified a congenital condition, also provide the parent, or expectant parent, with education resources on that congenital condition and supportive resources that are available to them.
- SB 593: Shield the Vulnerable Act
- Also introduced by Senator Testin and Representative Dittrich, SB 593 would ban abortions that are performed solely based on the sex, race, or disability diagnosis of the unborn child.
Please join us in person to register or testify in favor of these bills!
Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Wisconsin Capitol Building, Room 411 South
Can’t make it to Madison on Tuesday? Send your state legislators an email in support of these bills here: https://wrtl.salsalabs.org/2021prolifebills