Calling all philanthropy professionals in Madison, La Crosse, Minneapolis, Eau Claire, and Wausau: Wisconsin Right to Life is hiring a gift officer to work from YOUR home office. Work with the leading pro-life organizers and educators in Wisconsin, meet inspiring leaders and philanthropists all over the state, and save lives like it’s your JOB.
Individual Gift Officer – Western Wisconsin
An Individual Gift Officer is responsible for stewarding and soliciting gifts from individuals, families, and small businesses contributing $1,000-$4,999 annually, and works as part of a team to cover the geography of the entire state. The Individual Gift Officer for Western Wisconsin is critical to the fund development strategy in Eau Claire, La Crosse, Madison, and Wausau, WI.
The Individual Gift Officer for Western Wisconsin reports directly to the Director of Development for Individual & Major Gifts and works from a home office with a virtual
component for staff meetings. In-person attendance and overnight travel for WRTL events, fundraising events, training and occasional all-staff meetings may be required.
Primary duties include:
- Building personal relationships with prospective and current donors to further instill in them trust for the WRTL mission, vision and programs;
- Maintaining accurate notes of interactions with prospective and current donors in the donor relationship management tool;
- Inviting current and prospective donors to stewardship events, fundraising receptions and individual meetings.
Additional duties include:
- Contributing to department-wide projects including but not limited to prospecting, donor data management, and specialty fundraising campaigns;
- Reporting progress toward goals and forecasting to the Director of Development in order to evaluate campaign progress and assist in annual budgeting and goal setting;
- Assisting with other Development Department duties as needed.
The ideal candidate will be deadline- and goal-oriented, possess keen attention to detail, and have the ability to work professionally and confidently with potential and existing Wisconsin Right to Life donors. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.) is required. Empathy building and purposeful storytelling are helpful talents. Experience with donor engagement software, specifically Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack, is helpful but not required.
This position requires periodic evening and weekend work as well as occasional overnight travel.
The candidate must fully support Wisconsin Right to Life’s mission and vision: To make euthanasia, infanticide, abortion, and the destruction of human embryos socially, ethically, and legally unacceptable solutions to human problems and to promote positive alternatives to these acts. The vision of Wisconsin Right to Life is to change hearts and minds so that all will cherish human life.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and your resume to Mary Beth Gahn-Harmon, firstname.lastname@example.org.