Wisconsin Abortion Decline
• The number of Wisconsin lives saved, cumulatively, from abortion since 1987 is 170,401.
• The number of abortions in Wisconsin dropped to an all-time low of 5,612 in 2016.
• The number of abortions in Wisconsin has been reduced by 69% from a high of 17,986 abortions in 1988 to 5,612 in 2016.
Teen u0026amp; College Outreach
• Educated and trained 22 teens and college students at statewide conference and 39 teen leaders at summer leadership camps.
• Awarded 13 grants to college students to start or continue Life on Campus groups at their colleges and universities, allowing them to bring pro-life speakers to campus, set up educational displays, support pregnant students, and more.
Download the 2016 Annual Accomplishments Report
[imic_button colour=”btn-primary” type=”enabled” link=”https://wisconsinrighttolife.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/2016-Accomplishments-PRINT.pdf” target=”_self” extraclass=”” size=””]Download[/imic_button]
• Awarded 17 Emergency Grants in 2017 to pregnant women in immediate financial crisis so they could choose life for their babies.
• Aired ads on digital media as well as television, increasing the number of views for less money.
• Utilized television advertising to promote a toll-free helpline number u0026amp; text word for pregnant women.
• Held 10 educational/fundraising events in cities around Wisconsin with guest speakers including Rebekah Buell, mother of one of the first babies saved by an RU486 reversal.
• Hosted the 2017 National Right to Life Convention in Milwaukee, WI.
Election u0026amp; Voter Education
• Educated voters on the importance of voting pro-life in the WI State Supreme Court election and three special elections.
• Achieved over 136,000 voter contacts via targeted social media ads exposing Tammy Baldwin’s awful record on life.
• Updated our endorsement policies to raise candidates to a higher standard when it comes to being pro-life in both word and deed. WRTL’s endorsements are now the gold standard in measuring a candidate’s character, campaign viability, and most importantly, his or her dedication to the pro-life cause, even when facing pressure from leadership.
• Spearheaded efforts to end the trade and use of aborted baby body parts with a coalition of other pro-life groups in the state of Wisconsin.
• Sent over 400,000 E-Voice Action Alerts and targeted over 300,000 Wisconsin pro-lifers on social media to contact their legislators on key legislative initiatives.
• Achieved over 200 media interviews and sent regular and timely news releases.
• Attorney General Brad Schimel appealed Obama-appointed U.S. District Judge James Peterson’s decision to strike down a 1997 WRTL-backed law that would protect pregnant mothers and their unborn children who are battling addiction.
• Educated 10,606 Facebook friends; 4,058 Twitter followers; and 1,157 Instagram followers with daily updates.
• Live-Tweeted the 2017 Education Fund Dinner u0026amp; Auction with Former Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal.
Websites / Emails
• Attracted tens of thousands of teens to the right-to-life website at www.TeenBreaks.com.
• Attracted over 230,000 visitors to the Wisconsin Right to Life website at www.WRTL.org.
• Attracted 11,500 visitors to the www.123GiveLife.com website, a resource to help women find the Wisconsin pregnancy resource centers closest to them.
• Published numerous blog posts.
• E-mailed over 18,000 LifeVoice Online newsletters weekly.
• E-mailed over five million informational pieces.
Chapter u0026amp; Region Activities
• Funded newspaper advertisements around the state.
• Held community events including Appleton’s Life in the Park, hosted by WRTL and Fox Valley Right to Life, which attracted hundreds of guests for a picnic and pro-life education.
• Held L!fe Chats, joint efforts with chapters and WRTL to increase awareness of WRTL’s work and membership in local chapters.
• Sponsored showings of pro-life movies in local theaters.
• Helped support pregnancy resource centers in local communities.
“The work that is done by [Wisconsin Right to Life’s] Veritas Society in saving lives for both time and eternity is remarkable to see.”Pam Tebow – Mother of Tim Tebow
"I continue to be impressed by WRTL's innovative approaches to spreading the pro-life message and reaching women and men in need--they are effective and it shows!"Melissa Ohden – Saline Abortion Survivor
"All right-to-life organizations should be looking to WRTL to learn how to effectively and actively change hearts and minds about abortion."Catherine Adair – Former Planned Parenthood Worker
Hope for Mothers in NeedAmanda* feared her unborn child might never have a chance at life. When six months pregnant, her doctor told her she must stop working and go on immediate bed rest or risk losing her baby. As an hourly worker, this meant no paycheck and no way for Amanda to support herself, her unborn child, and her two-year-old daughter. Thanks to Wisconsin Right to Life’s Emergency Grant Program, Amanda’s story has a happy ending: we were able to pay her landlord so Amanda’s family had a place to live until she could return to work. Amanda’s unborn baby is now a happy toddler in a safe home. Through your generous gifts to this program, Wisconsin Right to Life is able to work with pregnancy resource centers across the state to provide Emergency Grants like Amanda’s.Young Wisconsin Mother – Emergency Grant
The Veritas Society: Communicating LifeThe Veritas Society, the media arm of Wisconsin Right to Life, reaches tens of thousands of abortion-vulnerable young people each year with life-affirming messages and pro-life resources. Through television and digital media, we are sharing the truth about the life issues, directing women to pregnancy resource centers in their area through 123GiveLife.com, and directing teens to the pro-life website, TeenBreaks.com. The Veritas Society also funds Google AdWords so those considering abortion can learn about ways to choose life. Learn More.Veritas Society