- This event has passed.
“Preparing to Protect the Vulnerable in Wisconsin” Training Summit
October 27 @ 10:30 am - 2:30 pm CDT
Join us for a free training session that will equip you with the tools and network needed to fight the dangerous and discriminatory legalization of assisted suicide in Wisconsin!
Friday, October 27, 2023
10:30 AM – 2:15 PM
For your convenience The Wisconsin Alliance Against Assisted Suicide will provide two options for attendance:
A: In-person: St. Camillus – 10100 West Bluemound Road, Milwaukee, WI
B: Online option: The link will be provided following registration.
The Wisconsin Alliance Against Assisted Suicide training will include:
- Learning about the national landscape of assisted suicide and current litigation.
- Understanding assisted suicide through a disability lens.
- Understanding how supposed safeguards become barriers.
- How to engage and strategize with your legislators.
- Learning what is being proposed to legalize assisted suicide in Wisconsin.
- The importance of terminology and how to testify at public hearings.
- How to communicate and elevate an impactful message across social media platforms.
- How to sensitize others in your community to the dangers of assisted suicide legislation.
RSVP: Please indicate your selection (A or B) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This training will be offered by the Wisconsin Alliance Against Assisted Suicide and Patients Rights Action Fund to educate and engage advocates in the legislative effort to oppose the legalization of assisted suicide in Wisconsin and across the country.