Events Manager, Operations Department
Wisconsin Right to Life (WRTL) is seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented Events Manager to join our Operations Department. As a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting positive alternatives to euthanasia, infanticide, abortion, and the destruction of human embryos, WRTL hosts impactful fundraising and educational events throughout the year.
The Events Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for organizing and executing Wisconsin Right to Life’s fundraising and development events as well as handling all event registration for Wisconsin Right to Life’s program and chapter events.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning and executing the annual fundraising gala in Milwaukee with approximately 1,000 guests, as well as smaller fundraising dinners and receptions (100-250 guests) across the state.
- Collaborating with vendors, speakers, event committees, and WRTL staff to schedule all events.
- Managing the event invitation process.
- Overseeing logistics, including menu development, setup, and AV requirements.
- Working with speakers’ representatives to make travel and lodging arrangements, as well as take care of other booking-related details.
- Collaborating with WRTL’s communications team to ensure messaging, goals, AV needs, and other details are on track for each event.
- Working with appropriate WRTL team members to ensure travel arrangements are made and event details are communicated to them.
- Attending every event and being the point person for guests, venues, WRTL staff, and guest speakers.
Additional duties include:
- Managing registration for all WRTL events.
- Assisting with other Advancement & Development Department duties as needed.
- Position is located in our Milwaukee State Office
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment are essential.
- Experience anticipating problems and identifying solutions, prioritizing and managing multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Demonstrate professionalism and confidence in interactions with potential and existing donors.
- Possess proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Possess proficiency in event or project management software (preferably Asana – not required)
- Have experience with donor engagement software (preferably Salesforce – not required)
- Availability for evening and weekend work.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline required and three to five years of project management experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Event planning and event management experience required.
To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Heather Weininger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The candidate must fully support the Wisconsin Right to Life belief that each human life is inherently valuable from fertilization to natural death. Our mission is to make euthanasia, infanticide, abortion, and destruction of human embryos socially, ethically, and legally unacceptable solutions to human problems and to promote positive alternatives to each of these acts. The vision of Wisconsin Right to Life is to change hearts and minds so that all will cherish human life.
40 hours/week. WRTL offers Full-time benefits that include; Life Insurance, Paid time off, Dental Insurance, and Short-Term Disability. Benefits will begin after the employee’s probationary period is completed. For the purposes of Fringe Benefits, WRTL recognizes January 1 – December 31 as a calendar year. Benefits are subject to change at any time by WRTL.